Restoration of a former mansion house which was on Buildings at Risk Register, dating back to 1818. The mansion house is located within the curtilage of the existing C-listed Pittrichie Home Farm Steading.
The original lime harling had deteriorated, revealing the traditional stonework below which was in reasonable condition and a good example of craftsmanship of the period. The client valued this craftsmanship and wished to leave this exposed. The stonework was picked and repointed with a lime mortar.
The ancillary building was constructed to a very high standard by local specialist stonework contractor D Calder Builders who also carried out the restoration of the stonework on the existing building as well as constructing the new external traditionally designed ram’s horn feature staircase up to the principal floor on the principal elevation.
The restoration accommodation consists of an open-plan living space and kitchen area on the lower ground floor level, with formal living on the ground floor and bedrooms on the upper two floors.
Our involvement stemmed from inception to occupation.
A project met with passion and enthusiasm from all involved. The results speak for themselves.
The interior layout respects historical country houses of the past with a basement "service level", first floor "principal level" and second floor levels above for sleeping accommodation, all accessed off a central grand feature staircase in the main hall. The stair was fabricated form oak by George Moir Joinery and stained to suit client’s taste.
Traditional marble fireplaces, deep moulded skirtings’ and architraves, decorative plaster cornicing and ceiling roses all adorn the principal living level, as well as traditional cast iron radiators throughout
There is a new build ancillary building which looks like it has always been there which houses garages, carport, garden storage, domestic workshop and bar.